Big Data Inspires the Future
Big data is an all-encompassing term for any collection of data sets so large and complex that it becomes difficult to process using on-hand data management tools or traditional data processing applications.
- Research Activities
In March 2012, The White House announced a national "Big Data Initiative" that consisted of six Federal departments and agencies committing more than $200 million to big data research projects.
5G and Future Communications
- Mobile Opportunistic NetworksTopics including Mobile Data Offoading, Storage Mangement, and Delay Tolerant Networks Protocols.
- Vehicular NetworksTopics including Network Properties in terms of Capacity, Connectivity, Coverage, and Vehicular Protocol Design and System Prototype.
SDN and Future Internet
- Research Topics include
- Forwarding Hardware Re-design for Fast and Programmable Match-Action
- Software-Defined Middlebox System for Data Center Networkin (DCN)
- SDN Programming Language Design
- North API design for Applications to Customize/Control the Networks.